Art & Design
For A-Level Art and Design we provide a creative pathway where students can choose any combination of four of the following creative and performing arts: Fine Art; Graphic Communication; Media Studies; Photography; Textiles; Music; Drama.
Our A level students work within large, individual Degree style work bays for their 2 years with us and have a designated A level room with access to ceramics, the DT work shops and a wealth of artist in residence and artist mentoring programs.
Extracurricular/ super-curricular activities and information
The value and impact of a diverse arts and culture curriculum is firmly embedded, staff, governors and SLT value its importance and are an active part of supporting and championing what we do. This
- Extends out into our wider community and feeder primaries.
- Is celebratory and empowering.
- Drives standards and supports pupil progress
- Delivers rich and diverse experiences both in and outside of classrooms
- Enhances the imagination and intensifies feelings, ideas and sensitivities.
We are committed to delivering a high-quality arts and culture provision, including experiences to create and evaluate artworks in a range of media across all phases.
In the last 3 years alone and despite Covid we have engaged with:
- Rivers of the world
- The world reimagined
- The Tate Liverpool,
- The Walker Art Gallery
- The World musuem,
- International Cartoonist for peace
- Liverpool architects department,
- Media City
- The arts council,
- BBC Bite size road show
- Liverpool Uni
- Emmerdale studios
- Diversity in the Media
- BBC Big weekend
- Creative citizens project
- Art Mark
- Arts award
- National Museums Liverpool
Students work has been exhibited in venues such as :
- The walker art Gallery (from 29 July-3 September 2023)
- Royal academy summer show
- St Georges Hall.
- Out side Tate modern on the Thames bank
- The Tate Liverpool.
We are committed to Collaborating with creative practitioners from different professional and cultural backgrounds giving an insight into the authentic professional life of local artists and creative practitioners to provide our students with as much Cultural capital as we can.