The 16-19 Tuition Fund
This statement sets out how Cardinal Heenan Sixth Form will use the 16-19 Tuition Fund allocation for 2021-22 to support students who have been academically disadvantaged due to COVID-19. It is to be used for small group tuition only (between one and five students in a session).
Who can be supported by this fund?
- Students who are aged 16 to 19 and resitting GCSE English and/or maths this year
- Students with special educational needs and disabilities (SEND), and particularly where they have experienced additional disruption to learning as a result of their specific needs and disabilities.
- Other students on courses where learning has been disrupted and so catch-up support would be of benefit.
How will the funding be used?
We will use this fund to provide mainly 1:1 tuition to the learner groups identified above. In some cases small group tuition may take place with no more than five students. Sessions will be bespoke to the particular situations, knowledge gaps and timetables of individual students. These sessions will sit alongside regular study programmes.
What will the support look like?
- GCSE English language and maths developed where particular gaps in skills and/or knowledge have been identified. This would be in preparation for a resit examination taking place this year
- Study skill support sessions, including revision techniques, for formal examinations (bearing in mind that current sixth form students did not sit formal, end-of-programme GCSE examinations)
- Subject-specific study support. Small group work (five students) staffed out-of-hours
The sixth form is committed to ensuring the tuition fund is used in accordance with the Government’s guidance on the 16-19 Tuition Fund by:
- Producing this statement, setting out how the fund will be used to support the most affected students.
- Publishing this guidance on the school website.
- Recording the use of the fund, including references to individual students who receive support, the needs of those students, the number of hours of tuition delivered and retain the evidence of the tuition provided.
- Delivering the extra tuition and spend the allocated funds in the academic year 2021/22
- Notifying the Education Skills Funding Agency (ESFA) of any underspend from the Fund so it might be reclaimed.
For more information about the16-19 Tuition Fund please visit www.gov.uk/guidance/16-to-19-funding-16-to-19-tuition-fund#small-group-tuition