Deputy Headteacher (Teaching and Learning)
Full Time / Leadership L19-23
Are you an outstanding teacher and leader looking to develop your experience and professional career? We have an opportunity for you to do this to at Cardinal Heenan Catholic High School. You might have a number of years’ experience in this type of role.
We are searching for a full-time Deputy Headteacher to join us at Easter 2021 if possible (week commencing 12th April 2021) on a permanent basis.
The Governors are seeking a person of vision, drive and a proven record of successful teaching and learning to be part of the Leadership Team as a Deputy Headteacher and to provide additional support to the assistant headteachers.
The precise responsibilities will be agreed upon appointment, but the successful post holder will be expected to:
- Provide leadership of the school.
- Ensure that the school is inclusive and that all students have the opportunity to reach the highest possible standards
- Ensure that an appropriate curriculum is planned and delivered to each student, to allow them to achieve their full potential.
- Lead on and develop curriculum partnerships.
- Provide leadership in the use and analysis of all assessment data.
- Work with the Governing Body and other stakeholders to ensure the school’s vision is clearly articulated, shared, understood and translated into real and effective action by all.
We are looking for:
An enthusiastic and passionate individual who can provide first class leadership.
We offer you:
- A vibrant school with outstanding facilities with a work room for all departmental areas.
- An environment where students have an excellent attitude to learning where they can grow academically and personally. Students’ behaviour and safety was judged by Ofsted as Good.
- Students who, through the wide and diverse academic and extra-curricular opportunities they are offered, grow as individuals and happily contribute to the school community.
- Regular opportunities for staff to come together both professionally and socially. Staff are kept up to date with regular communications as well as meetings.
Cardinal Heenan Catholic High School is a vibrant, thriving and leading school in the local area. (1366 on roll with a Sixth Form of 180) and our long history and excellent community links provide our students with opportunities in many ways.
How to apply:
All relevant documents, including the job description, person specification and application form are available below.
If selected for interview you will be given a tour of the school as part of the interview process, so you can see first-hand all that we have to offer.
E-mail all relevant signed forms, application form and covering letter to Lynn Lewington (email@example.com) by midday, Friday, 5 February 2021 with interviews to take place week commencing Monday, 8 February 2021.
Applicants from overseas (outside the EEA) should obtain an overseas criminal check before applying for a visit as the post is in an education sector.
Our school is committed to safeguarding children and promoting children’s welfare. This post is subject to all the relevant pre-employment checks set out in “Keeping Children Safe in Education”, including an enhanced DBS certificate with a barred-list check.